With over 11 year’s experience in the Treasurer’s office, I’m well prepared for the financial challenges of county government. I began my service to Hempstead County residents in 2011 when I was so blessed to be elected your treasurer. As long as I’m treasurer, business in this office will be conducted with integrity, honesty, accuracy, and transparency. Hempstead County has been my life long home. It is a great place to live and I’m proud to be your Treasurer.
- Receipt revenue from local, state, and federal sources and keep an accurate and details account of all receipts and disbursements (ACA 14-15-807)
- Keep accurate accounting of all the transactions on two sets of records
- Distribute tax money to schools, cities, rural fire, and county departments
- Invest county funds and secure funds help above FDIC limits, keep funds collateralized & maintain optimum interest.
- Prepare and sign checks for employee payroll and creditors of the county
- Balance daily and reconcile monthly bank statements
- Project revenue conservatively but accurately for the annual budget process
- Present monthly report to the Quorum Court
- Have Clean Audits
- Attend 8 State meetings per year for Continuing Education hours
- Arkansas County Treasurers Association Secretary since 2014
- Balance Daily
- Work closely with the Hempstead county library